quinta-feira, 31 de maio de 2012

DIY - How to Paint Snakeskin Camo on Tactical Gear

DIY - How to Paint Snakeskin Camo on Tactical Gear:
Today's topic may take you aback for a minute or two.  I'm going to talk about applying freakin' spray paint to tactical nylon gear.  Why?  Simple.  Vanity.  Let's face it.  For the majority of us out there, Airsoft is all about looking good.  Who cares if you call your hits, as long as you look good while cheating, you're totally legit, right?  Wrong, of course, but before I get too far into sarcasm town, let's fall back and address the painted nylon.
how to paint snakeskin camo on tactical gear, Crye Precision Air Frame Helmet, TMC Crye AF Helment, Crye Precision Knockoff Air Frame, Gear Whores Anonymous, pyramyd airsoft blog, tom harris media, tominator, insight interactive airsoft cqb,
When the idea was first bestowed upon me by a good friend, I was appalled.  PAINT YOUR KIT?1?!  Sacrilege.  But then, once I saw how much better it made the gear look, I started to come around to the idea.  Then, last week, I picked up a new Condor plate carrier for a little last minute stealth mission, but didn't have any matching pouches to go with it.  All I had were an assortment of 5.11 Viking Tactics (VTAC) pouches in OD Green or Coyote Tan, so as you can see below, my kit was looking less than stellar.  So I called up my buddy, Jon, over at Insight Interactive CQB Arena and said, "Time to get your 'Tactical Monet' on and paint my new kit."  You'll also notice I've got one of those super sweet, super fake Crye Precision Air Frame knockoff helmets there, too.  Mine finally arrived the same day I got my new vest, so then I said, "Well, heck.  Gotta have consistency in my overall appearance."  So the brand new helmet and brand new vest each went under the spray can.   
how to paint snakeskin camo on your tactical gear, pyramyd airsoft blog, tom harris media, tominator, insight interactive airsoft cqb,
The story doesn't end here, though.  I figured that if I was going to go through the trouble of this process, I would at least document it for you to check out at home (or likely, work) and perhaps inspire you to do the same to yours.

Check out my tutorial on how to paint snakeskin camo on your tactical gear after the jump...

Read the Oldies, but Goodies »

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário