Straight from WE Labs via Arms-Cool is what appears to be some new prototype pictures of a WE TTI Vietnam era M16A1 and a M16A2 gas blowback rifle. I’ve no doubt as to their authenticity as the trademark WE brass chamber is present in some shots which sadly also leads me to believe that a rumoured brass-less Open Bolt type GBB system is not on the cards for these models.
Design of the M16’s seems to be fairly accurate with it’s U.S.G.I A1 style grip on the M16A1 but hopefully some of the smaller details will also be replicated such as the M16A1 teardrop type forward assist and non-tapered Delta Ring. A replica 20rd magazine looks like it will be available which will please the Vietnam era purist/enthusiasts. Anyway on with the pics.
- 15/03/2010 -- WETTI XM-177 Gas Blowback Prototype
- 07/03/2010 -- The WE Prototype Smorgasbord: M14, Sten Gun, Browning HP, M16 VN and AK-74U + others
- 27/02/2010 -- Airsoft Outlet Northwest gives the scoop on the Tacoma Seizure, an industry without a standard
- 23/02/2010 -- GHK PDW GBB in a 5 Magazine Torture Test
- 08/02/2010 -- WETTI M14 Gas Blowback original video that started it all, Confirmed.