Another prototype has risen from the bowels of WE Research and Development via arms-cool.net, the Vietnam era XM-177. I can’t tell from the angle if it has a forward assist so it may be the E1 model but certainly not the E2 as it’s a 10" barrel configuration.
Like the previous WE prototype articles, this XM-177 seems to be fairly accurate in its representation of the Vietnam era AR-15. Like my wishes for the WE M16A1 VN, I hope WE adopts the subtle design differences of the XM-177 by using a slim handguard and a non-tapered delta ring in the finished version. From the angle it’s unclear if WE will be using their new Open Bolt blowback system but it seems to be popping up in all the latest prototypes so I’d expect it. On with the pics.
- 13/03/2010 -- WE TTI M16A1 and M16A2 GBB Prototype Spy Shots
- 07/03/2010 -- The WE Prototype Smorgasbord: M14, Sten Gun, Browning HP, M16 VN and AK-74U + others
- 27/02/2010 -- Airsoft Outlet Northwest gives the scoop on the Tacoma Seizure, an industry without a standard
- 23/02/2010 -- GHK PDW GBB in a 5 Magazine Torture Test
- 08/02/2010 -- WETTI M14 Gas Blowback original video that started it all, Confirmed.